Table format in Reports is irregular

Hi,

My Reports use a table to list the column headers, another table is used to essentially print each row that follows the row filter condition in the slice. When the report does this the table column width is modified depending on the cell value width, so large contents extend the column width in the row and affect the format of the table.
Is there any way to prevent this. Possibly lock the column width to a specified value?

Solved Solved
0 15 937
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Modify your table so there will be two rows… header and data row. In cell R2C1 write like…
<<Start: Select(Lang Lang Today[Timestamp],TRUE)>><<[Task]>>. In the last column in that table and in row 2, type it like <<[User]>><> if the “User” column is your last column.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

I’m afraid you can’t lock column’s width. You have those 3 options "Default, Narrow and Wide view by view. Though you could also try to Save & Verify if it would adjust the column widths better.

@Aleksi
I’m not sure we are thinking of the same thing.
Here is a screencap of the Report that was emailed via an attachment.
2X_d_d12fa8837c4fd8b053ca68c3b71baa1382c7863a.jpeg

You can see how the columns are uneven and the table is not one causing border pixel issues.
I would just like to email a professional looking report.

No we didn’t

The reason is that you are not using Start & End expression. You are generating table after tabel and then the column width is never exactly the same.

2X_5_51e7b25e74fe16243e2c7ea6d8cefdd4f79fbe79.jpeg

There’s a start and end expression used, because appsheet created the file. I’m unsure how to modify it though.

Yeah it definitely prints every row in a seperate table. Is there anyway we can put it in one table. The number of rows and contents would change on every report.

Modify your table so there will be two rows… header and data row. In cell R2C1 write like…
<<Start: Select(Lang Lang Today[Timestamp],TRUE)>><<[Task]>>. In the last column in that table and in row 2, type it like <<[User]>><> if the “User” column is your last column.

It is no longer sending the email, I assume I have made a mistake but I cant work out where. The only change I made was the tables are now combined, the start code is in the table, the comments has the <> after it and I have removed the <> in an attempt to figure out why it’s not working.

In Comments try this: <<[Comments]>><<End>>

Yeah it already is like that, out of curiosity what does the <> do? define the end?

That’s funny. If you Post <<[Comments]>><<End>> , the output will be <<[Comments]>><>
@Peter

@SKETCHwade what you need is <<[Comments]>><<End>>

@Fabian @Aleksi
Thank you! It works now, and looks much more professional!

You’re welcome

2X_e_e0f88dfee5026a650fe8d8ffcd871a8b825f166b.png

Aleksi, my template works fine but it gives me the list without any order. I would like to sort it by GRUPA (first column). How to use ORDERBY expression in a such template?

See topic “Controlling Record Order” in this article https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/961746-template-start-expressions

Thank you. I’ve read, and applied correct expression OrderBy. It works.

Top Labels in this Space