Table view not showing all slice data

Hi all,

This is the situation: I do have a slice with a row filter condition. If I take a look on "View Data" of this particular slice, the corret filtered datasets are visible. 

If I put this slice in a simple table view, only a few datasets are visible. How can it be, that these views show different information, without any further filtering?

Regards,

Sebastian

Solved Solved
0 6 137
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Problem solved. The lookup part is now moved to the security filter of the table. Now it is working.

Thanks for your help anyway!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I can't think of any obvious reasons.  Can you share those two data view and the slice formula?

Hi 1minManager,

This is the slieces' output of "Data view" :

Sebastian_Hol_0-1647348905743.png

This is how it looks in the table view:

Sebastian_Hol_1-1647348956274.png

Only one item is visible.

The filter of the slice is: 

Sebastian_Hol_2-1647349022138.png

The result of the Lookup is an Enum List with different items.

One addition:

this is the content of field [fldPlants]

Sebastian_Hol_3-1647349321071.png

So my first guess is its caused by the UserEmail() within the slice formula.  I've seen this before in other parts of Appsheet.  My hunch is that in Data View UserEmail() is returning BLANK because, like bots running on a schedule, its not running as a logged in user.

Try changing UserEmail() to "your email" and see if this now works as expected

Just tried what you suggested. The result is the same. There are two plants in the Enum list associated with my mail-adress. The slice Data view shows records to both plants, the table view only for one plant.

Problem solved. The lookup part is now moved to the security filter of the table. Now it is working.

Thanks for your help anyway!!

Top Labels in this Space