Tables hidden in database after starting to build an app on top

Hello

I'm a newbie to appsheet and sandboxing/ testing some ideas. I've been building a database (starting with imported from sheets originally) for a few days - experimenting with how to structure data.  I've now started experimenting with an app to input fresh data.

In creating the app I seem to have 'hidden' a bunch of tables from the database view, but can navigate to them if I go the app builder, and click on data. They appear there with orange dots next to them.

Spent the last few hours using Gemini to undo the problem, but it keeps giving me options for tabs like 'views' and visibility which I don't seem to have. I'm using Appsheets core, via a workspace account.

Can help help this frustrated newbie who is trying to learn by doing?

Solved Solved
0 6 70
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good to hear you found the reason 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

What database are you using? Are you able to show the challenge with a printscreen?

Thanks for replying. It's an appsheets database, core version.

The only way i can access the tables right now are via this index in the app:

Vvladski_0-1715596224398.png

The tables in question (4 of them) have the orange dots next to them. The tables do not appear in the master database list, accessible via the database tab.

If you click the orange warning triangle on the upper left corner, what does it show?

Vvladski_0-1715675525106.png

Vvladski_1-1715675587204.png

I did try add some formulas that I got from gemini for join fields, never occurred to me that might be the issue?

Ok, I perhaps have a solution - after correcting the dots I tried finding help under diffrent search terms and realised the bug was in fact, a feature. The system limits the view to 10 tables and you have to ask it to show more, table by table... 

Vvladski_0-1715680281837.png

Thank you anyway!

Good to hear you found the reason 🙂

Top Labels in this Space