Tablet Syncing Issues

Iโ€™m having issues on one of our users tablet device, its an iPad.

The app continually syncs when opening and if the user gains access it will sync mid-form.
I have seen this before and advised the following:

• App re-installed to device
  • Media deleted to free storages
  • Unecessary apps removed to free storage
  • Background syncing has been turned off (it seemed to improve the issue but only for a short period)
  • Software on tablet and appsheet itself checked for updates
  • Network provider has been contacted and issues on there end resolved

Iโ€™m out of ideas as to why this is persisting so all help would be appreciated, I have sent an email to support directly also.

Appsheet version is 13.10
iOS Software is 14.4

0 5 183
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

How long has the app been โ€œmid-formโ€? Seconds? Minutes? Hours?

Hi Steve, to be honest Iโ€™m struggling to even get to that stage just opening the app has become impossible.

When I open it, it continually syncs in a loop so it never opens for me.

I think the form syncing issue was stemming from the Background app refresh being enabled on the tablet, so every input was forcing the app to re-syn even though the form was not completed. Turning that off seemed to help things but now Iโ€™m stuck being unable to open the app through the shortcut or just in safari browser

This problem sounds pretty deep. Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with it.

EIG

I am having a similar issue with just one user on an Android device with a white labeled app. This started on Monday. It was across multiple apps for that one device. We took similar steps to what was mentioned in the first post. I could not understand it and it was only with one user so I thought it was probably just something to do with that device so we were going to issue a new device to that person. No other users have reported anything similar.

Anytiem I saw this sort of disruption has been with Android as well funny enough but again the steps I highlighted above always appeared to improve the syncing problems.

Weโ€™re in the same boat, just specific users reporting to us

Top Labels in this Space