Target URL disappeared

good night
I had previously created an application where I had a link to an external page, at the moment I am creating another one, but the field to put the URL in this version does not exist.
If there is anyone who can help me I appreciate it. Thank you

Solved Solved
0 26 557
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Perfect, I wasted an entire day and it was so simple. I had already made another app for a friend and I put the direct link, but I no longer remember how I did it. Thank you very much
@LeventK
@Steve

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

How are you trying to create the external link?

Right now I only have one URL type field, but I don’t have the address set anywhere, because I don’t know where to put the address

The URL would go in the column value.

In the Gsheet or in the appsheet?
Sorry, i’m a beginner.

Yes. Your app (AppSheet) should have a table that uses a worksheet in your spreadsheet. Any value that goes into the AppSheet table should end up in the worksheet.

I already did what you are saying, but then the field does not appear, it says what type of column ‘Url’ has a ‘Spreadsheet Formula’, so the column is being marked as ‘Read only’ and does not appear in the app

Ahhh… In the spreadsheet, remove all formulas from the entire column the URL will be stored in. Then, in the column configuration for the app, clear the Spreadsheet formula property:

3X_2_8_282f345e631bfe24f30ab4e7a5c01fd72970daf2.png

I cleaned the formulas in the spreadsheet, and erased all the data, saved and synchronized the app, re-entered the address and the result was the same

This should be blank:
3X_f_4_f453bc5b7f8a964a1d49b18f85df50b32afc7ff8.png

Nothing I wrote in any way suggested you should enter anything here; I explicitly told you to clear the value.

Sorry… my english is not so good, I understood, that you should have the address there

But where do I put the address?

@Alexandre_Alves
The correct place is Initial Value

Thanks, but don’t work, already tried

May I humbly ask what you are trying to achieve? At the end, the URL column will not present a clickable URL in the Form View. You will be able to see in the Detail View. So provided you place your URL either in the initial value or appformula

CONCATENATE("http://www.google.com")

it will get you what you need in the Detail View but not in the Form View

@LeventK
The objective is to put a field (Sopa) that is the key, and there is another field (Soup) that will insert the same data but in English, between these two fields I would like to put a direct link to the google translator

Simples, mas não estou a conseguir

You should than use a Show type column with a base type of URL, not a URL type column

Perfect, I wasted an entire day and it was so simple. I had already made another app for a friend and I put the direct link, but I no longer remember how I did it. Thank you very much
@LeventK
@Steve

You’re welcome. But please bear in mind that, provided the user clicks that link, the user will loose the focus on the Appsheet app and the form and will need a restart. Just FYI.

@LeventK
Oh. Once again, thank you very much

You’re very welcome.

@LeventK
From what I have read on the forum, they say that it is not possible to place a field of our App directly on a web page, for example to put the value of the field “Sopa”

automatically on the google translator page?

@Alexandre_Alves
Actually you can Try below expression with your Show column URL:

IFS(
	ISNOTBLANK([Sopa]),
	CONCATENATE(
		"https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=pt&tl=en&text=",
		ENCODEURL([Sopa])
	)
)

I managed it too, but I created a virtual column and put this formula:

That won’t be clickable I believe. IMHO, Show type column is a better solution.

@LeventK
It is clickable and working. But I believe in your experience, and in terms of programming your way is the correct one.
my id is 814922 you can check

@LeventK
Shows the address, but does not activate the link

Top Labels in this Space