Template Help - List of unique items (not a ref)

I have a table of assets, In this table I create a concatenated text field I want to create a unique list of these, and post next to them an associated quantity.

Right now, Iโ€™m posting the entire table of assets to an xlsx template, and in another sheet of that template Iโ€™m using spreadsheet formulas to FILTER(UNIQUE()) and then SUMIF expressions to bring in the quantities.

I really need to get this list and associated quantities into a PDF output report. Anyone know how to do this?

Solved Solved
0 10 494
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It would be something like thisโ€ฆ

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

If the fitting list is static, you can add a formula for each cell in your quantity column. Though there could be some nicer ways, but at list that works.

The issue is that in a template the start expression only takes a list of refsโ€ฆ
So, Iโ€™m not sure how to get this list even in the PDFโ€ฆ

Do you have this fittings table in the app?

Lets assume that you have these fittings in your app. Then you would need to use a suitable condition rule with the Start: expression. Yes it will still be a list of key values, but you would need to find one record from each group. There is lot of ways to do thatโ€ฆ for example using [KeyColumn]=MAXROW(โ€ฆ) with the condition rule. Then you can calculate the quantity when the group is known.

I donโ€™t know where to startโ€ฆ

Let me check if I have a suitable sample appโ€ฆ

It would be something like thisโ€ฆ

Oh!
I see! Thatโ€™s an interesting way to get to it! Thanks @Aleksi Iโ€™ll let you know how it works!

Thanks man, this worked perfectโ€ฆ
Iโ€™ll have to file this strategy awayโ€ฆ

Youโ€™re welcome

Top Labels in this Space