The most random virtual columns keep getting ...

The most random virtual columns keep getting generated and I have no idea why they keep generating? Any help on deleting these? Every time I unchecked them and hit save they just reginerate. I donโ€™t have (or rather I canโ€™t find) any equations that would Select() or RefRow() these virtual columns so Iโ€™m not sure why they automatically generated or why they keep reappearing. These virtual columns donโ€™t even have data in them that are useful, just random correlations between my other tables.

0 9 763
9 REPLIES 9

Do you see an app formula in the like โ€œREF_ROW(table, column)โ€? .If so, They might just be Reverse Reference columns if you have a on-to-many or a many-to-many relation between tables that reference one another.

@Deep_Foundations Yes, that exact formula for all 6 virtual columns. How can I delete these virtual columns?

You cannot delete the system-generated REF_ROWS() columns.

@Steven_Coile Thatโ€™s silly right? Wont generating 6 unnecessary lists slow down the performance?

Under most circumstances the performance effect is negligible, but there are some cases where it can be noticeable. You can effectively โ€˜turn them offโ€™ by marking them hidden and replacing the REF_ROWS() formula with an empty list, =LIST().

@Joshua_Giles the columns in your tables marked as REF, you can change to ENUM basetype REFโ€ฆ Then the REFROWS will be removed. And, you still see your labels.

@Adam_Stone_AppSheet I shaved more than a second off of my sync times by doing this everywhere that I didnโ€™t absolutely require the inlineโ€ฆ About 6 placesโ€ฆ It would be really cool if you made the ENUM/ENUMLIST base type REF work a little more smoothly.

@Adam_Stone_AppSheet What does AppSheet key on when regenerating those columns? I was under the impression it is the REF_ROWS() call itself, such that if you removed the call or replaced it with list(), a Regenerate would create new REF_ROWS() columns.

It checks the name column name, description, and formula. As long as you leave one of those with the default, you can modify the others without the system recreating a new column.

@Adam_Stone_AppSheet maybe if you include an option on the REF to explicitly NOT automatically include the REF_ROWS()

AND you created the REFLIST type, then you can stop worrying about fixing up the ENUM/ENUMLIST base type REF. Lol

Top Labels in this Space