Theme / color question

Iโ€™m looking at the following sample app and having a hard time figuring out how the appearance was set up:

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Vacation-and-Team-Outages?appGuidString=f0ca586c-02ca-475a-a852-562...

As you can see in the following image, the top and bottom menus and the overlay action have a bluish color but the primary color chosen is โ€œred.โ€ Moreover, after copying the app and changing the primary color myself, the top and bottom menus became white and the overlay actions were displayed in the color I had chosen. I looked in the format rules, and thereโ€™s nothing there. Can someone help me understand how this works?

0 4 699
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

By the way, when I copied this app to practice with it, I noticed that the โ€œbrandโ€ icon was changed automatically and randomly to one that has nothing to do with the nature of the app. The original brand icon was nice:

2X_2_2d6613035c6d9bd1fa8f86ddd76caa237bf013da.png

Is there are reason why AppSheet prefers to have logos randomized when sample and prototype apps are copied? In the past, Iโ€™ve requested that brand images be maintained with prototype and sample apps. I hope this adjustment can be made eventually. Thanks for your consideration.

When UI/color theme feature was changed, you canโ€™t choose the background other than light or dark. Though old apps still have that option if you havenโ€™t changed it.

Thanks! I see. This is an old feature. That makes sense. Thanks!

Youโ€™re welcome

Top Labels in this Space