There is already a row

Hi, I’m getting the 'There is already a row… error.

Table A (csv file) has AutoID as the key and already populated from an Access database. Table B has AutoID also but not populated. When a record is selected from Table A the user has an Action called ‘ImageForm’ where the user should be taken to a record in Table B if the AutoID is the same or create a record if it doesn’t exist. Therefore the user can return to that record which is uniquely related to Table A. The record is created and saved on the first attempt but if the user returns to that record the App is trying to create another record with the same AutoID and falling down with the ‘There is already a row’ error. Can you guys assist ?
Kind Regards

0 8 1,008
8 REPLIES 8

In order to do something like this, you’ll actually need 3 actions instead of one:

1. One to CREATE the record if it’s not there
  2. One of VIEW the record if it its
  3. A stack to run them both.

You need to split up the create and view into separate actions because the deep link you’ll use is different:

LINKTOFORM() is for creating new records, and it allows you to pass along information to pre-fill field (like you’ve donw).
LINKTOROW() is for viewing records that already exist.

Struggling with the 3 on this guys, the first two are straight forward, how do I create the stack? Executive the two actions to run is doable but how will the following work, this is the bit I’m not understanding:

Create a row if not exist, Edit row if it does exist.

Really appreciate the help.

Hi Guys, Thank you.
Is there an example App which covers this? That would be really useful to look under the hood.

Cheers

assuming that you made a reference connection from table b to table A, you can use the condition of the [Related table b] column in table A being blank as the condition for when the different action should fire.

If the related table b records is blank, then it hasn’t been created yet and so you’ll use that for the one to create the record.

If the related table be records is not blank, then it has been created and you’ll use that condition for the view action.

Thats really over my head, I’m not sure I can implement that

I have tables referenced and we can create the record, assuming the syntax is either:
ISNOTBLANK([AutoID]) or even ISBLANK([AutoID]) then should this be placed in the formula field of Table A? Thats the confusing part having searched many tutorials for the correct method. Sorry to push this one guys, its important to the project, I just don’t understand it.

In table A, there should be a virtual column, That’s the list type, named related something or other… Whatever you call table b.

In the action to create the new record, in the condition use something like this:
isblank([Related Table As])

Aah… now that makes sense, Thank you once more… Kind Regards

Top Labels in this Space