Timecard

Hello I am trying to create an app that would allow for my employees to punch in and out for the day and lunch using fingerprints feature on the tablet for login... I have a small business with 7 employees and suggestions

0 2 132
2 REPLIES 2

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Sirbonesalot 

@Sirbonesalot wrote:

using fingerprints feature

There is not such feature.

However, you could use this template: Timesheet Tracker

And use a barcode for your users, so that for example they would present their barcode to identify themselves.

Hi @Sirbonesalot I've done a few things like this.  @Aurelien is right you can use a Barcode/QR Code.  The other alternative is to use a NFC Tag, its basically the same functionality.  

So I created an app for a client that wanted to track staff.  So they had a tablet on reception and the staff used QRCodes to scan in and out.  The way we setup the app to work was as follows:

• The employee would turn up to work and on the tablet they'd click scan, then scan their card, then click save. 
  • This created a Clock In record.  The App knew they were clocking in because it was their first entry of the day.  It knew who they were because each employee has a different QRCode
  • Then on their break they'd do the same process to clock out
  • The app knew this second record was a Clock Out because the previous one was a Clock In
  • The second record would calculate the duration between the first and second records.  This gave the working time
  • Aftertheir break they'd do the same process to clock back in
  • The app knew this second record was a Clock In because the previous one was a Clock Out
  • This 3rd record would calculate the duration between the second and third records.  This gave their total break time
  • And on thorugh the day until the last clock out.

Couple of additions I did was that some people where coming in early to clock in and gain extra hours.  So we added another table where a manager could set shift times for each employee.  Then when the user created the 2nd record the App would look at this second table to calculate the total work time i.e.

Clock In = 0845

Clock Our = 1000

Shift start time = 0900

Paid time = 0900 - 1000 = 1 hour 

On thing to watch out for is that photographs of QRCodes will work fine.  So employee 1 could take a photograph on their phone of employee 2's QRcode and use that to cover for them by clocking in and out as though they where employee 2.  NFC tags don't completely stop this but most people don't really understand how they work.

Hope this helps.  If you get stuck and want some more help then feel free to DM me on here and maybe we can have a chat.

Top Labels in this Space