Toggle Yes/No Switch in Form View

Hi,
I have a column thatโ€™s a YES/NO field type; however, in my form it shows up as big YES/NO boxes. How can I change this to a toggle?

Looked at a sample app but this also had big YES/NO boxes in the form.

3X_f_1_f1459e6d7a4178ca9662432f521a8efcd1e566ba.png

1 6 3,584
6 REPLIES 6

Unfortunately you canโ€™t change the appearance to a toggle with the Form UX. They can appear as toggle buttons if the column is set as quick edit in the Detail UX.

Okay, thanks for confirming @LeventK. Thatโ€™s too bad. When filling out the form, I think it makes sense to have the toggle switch here as itโ€™s itโ€™s the first interaction with entering the data. Perhaps theyโ€™ll change this in the future.

@Tony_Insua
Though it may sound and look a bit weird in the Form, provided itโ€™s not so big deal for you to represent a FALSE/TRUE with 0 and 1, than you can use a NUMBER type column set as Range, min value 0, max value 1, increment 1 and initial value as 0 (as it will denote to FALSE by-default). Rather than a toggle button, it will be seen as a slider in the form as a cons.

Please click on your name in the main menu of my community sample app and see it in action. You can write a column description to direct the user for selection:

I, too, would love to see the small toggle switch instead of the large buttons. It would be great to have the choice of which to display.

I think the Appsheet is amazing. But, in fact, some elements of UX / UI could be improved. This switch button would be a good addition to the interface, in addition to allowing more design options, such as cards with rounded corners, the possibility of using a color palette with 3 options, for example, without having to adjust item by item in format rules, Possibility of choose screen transitions, among other things that could get closer to Googleโ€™s Material Design.

Adding on to thisโ€ฆ

The convention for Yes/No choices in the US and in the appsheet descriptions is usually left to right.
But the UI displays right to left:

[ NO ] [YES]

?

Top Labels in this Space