+Tony Fader [AppSheet] I've got another bug? ...

@tony I’ve got another bug? The value from the expression tester is what I want, but it doesn’t match what i’m getting in the app. ThunderLit-Report-297211 https://cl.ly/siCM

0 7 342
7 REPLIES 7

cl.ly - Screen recording 2018-07-03 at 07.19.45 PM.mp4 Screen recording 2018-07-03 at 07.19.45 PM.mp4 cl.ly

For you last video… the NUMBER and DECIMAL expressions are meant to convert the text string as a number (or decimal). Like for example… DECIMAL(CONCATENATE(“15”,".",“04”))*100 will give you a decimal value 15.04 and you can calculate with it.

@Aleksi_Alkio that first video is pretty off huh?

@praveen any idea why this would behave like this?

This is my column definition for the Virtual Column List. and the expression that defines that list: =FILTER(CLOCK_Clean,

AND( [clock_shiftdate]<=[_THISROW].[esr_range_finish],

[clock_shiftdate]>=[_THISROW].[esr_range_start],

IN([clock_shift], [_THISROW].[esr_range_selected_shifts]), IN([clock_C_es], [_THISROW].[esr_eslist]) ) )

cl.ly - Image 2018-07-04 at 1.32.50 PM.png Image 2018-07-04 at 1.32.50 PM.png cl.ly

And, here is the expression in a Virtual column type Decimal that isn’t returning the correct results… =HOUR(SUM([VC_List_Clock][clock_duration])) + MINUTE(SUM([VC_List_Clock][clock_duration]))/60.0

Alright, I fixed the List not showing up. I don’t understand it, but I fixed it. My list expression was comparing dates, and my plan was that if the dates are left

blank on either start, finish, or both that it would leave it open… I changed my list expression to the below. What’s weird is that appsheet still knew the right count of results, but simply didn’t display the list… (side note, do you guys have a better idea that simply +/- 20 years?)

=FILTER(CLOCK_Clean,

AND( [clock_shiftdate]<=IF(ISBLANK([_THISROW].[esr_range_finish]), TODAY()+7305, [_THISROW].[esr_range_finish]),

[clock_shiftdate]>=IF(ISBLANK([_THISROW].[esr_range_start]), TODAY()-7305, [_THISROW].[esr_range_start]),

IN([clock_shift], [_THISROW].[esr_range_selected_shifts]), IN([clock_C_es], [_THISROW].[esr_eslist]) ) )

Top Labels in this Space