Triger bot by a button

HI.

I will certainly ask a question that may seem silly to you, but I can't seem to find a clear way to trigger a bot by clicking on a button. I have created a bot to automatically generate a PDF. I have tested the bot, and it works perfectly. However, I do not want the PDF to be generated every time I insert new data or edit it. I only want the PDF to be created when I press a specific button manually.

any help will be highly appreciated thank you.

Solved Solved
0 5 105
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Create an action button that writes timestamp to one of your normal column with the expression NOW(). Then add a  condition like [_THISROW_BEFORE].[Timestamp]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[Timestamp] to your Event.

View solution in original post

You can add a file column with an app formula where it writes the path and file name. Then you can open it from the app. Though it takes some time before the file is saved to Drive and it will find it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Create an action button that writes timestamp to one of your normal column with the expression NOW(). Then add a  condition like [_THISROW_BEFORE].[Timestamp]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[Timestamp] to your Event.

Its working perfectly thanks a lot for your help

The pdf is created perfectly in my google drive when i triger the action button, but is it possible to open it directly went its created ?

You can add a file column with an app formula where it writes the path and file name. Then you can open it from the app. Though it takes some time before the file is saved to Drive and it will find it.

great you are amazing thank you

You're welcome!

Top Labels in this Space