Trouble with a workflow working properly

I have a workflow set up to send an email to USEREMAIL when the contents of a field match the conditions of โ€œSimple Estimateโ€ or โ€œDetailed Proposalโ€. There is an action then that looks for the contents โ€œSimple Estimateโ€ or โ€œDetailed Proposalโ€ and changes the contents to โ€œSentโ€. This used to work fine, but just stopped working about a month ago.

I โ€œpatchedโ€ it by adding double quotes to the criteria in the workflow "โ€œSimple Estimateโ€ or โ€œโ€œDetailed Proposalโ€โ€ but now it when either โ€œSimple Estimateโ€ or โ€œDetailed Proposalโ€ is selected it sends two emails to USEREMAIL. One has the estimate and one has the proposal. Any ideas? Itโ€™s really plugging up our Inboxes by sending both emails. And its confusing.

Thanks in advance.

0 5 358
5 REPLIES 5

Have you looked at the Audit History as described here https://help.appsheet.com/behavior/workflow-sending-email/troubleshooting-workflow-emails

It is very likely that you can figure out what is happening by looking at the Audit History.

Yes, it shows that the workflow was successful. In a sense it is. It is sending the email, but it is not following the criteria. The workflow completes successfully, but it should stop when it doesnโ€™t match the criteria. I will review the info you sent me though and see if that has something I havenโ€™t seen.

When I click on Test I get this from the โ€œTrueโ€ condition.

*Condition": โ€œ=AND(ISNOTBLANK([Email Address (Marketing)]),ISNOTBLANK([Notes (Displays on Prospect Estimate/Proposal)]),[Email Prospect]=โ€โ€œSimple Estimateโ€")",

• โ€œMatchesConditionโ€: โ€œTrueโ€

Iโ€™m not sure why Iโ€™m seeing the backslashes in "โ€œSimple Estimateโ€. I donโ€™t remember seeing them before. Could that be throwing something off?

I can investigate if you provide:

1. Your account id
  2. The application name
  3. The workflow rule name

The quotes in the expression look suspicious. If you look closely you see both โ€œcurley quotesโ€ and โ€œstrait quotesโ€. I am not sure what your intention is.

Got it figured out with Gilโ€™s help. Thanks.

1X_bdb3c97b2a21bd8cdeb949f1888513dd9a881eb9.jpeg

Top Labels in this Space