Trying to fill multiple fields in Forms with one QR code

Iโ€™m new to this whole thing and have no idea how to code/use expressions. Iโ€™m trying to make it so if I scan one QR code, it fills up multiple fields in the app form instead of scanning one field at a time.

Solved Solved
0 7 2,706
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

7 REPLIES 7

A QR code simply encodes a text string. A text string can be manipulated. Youโ€™ll probably need to use SPLIT() for what youโ€™re wanting here.

Yup, Iโ€™ve been looking through the community forums, however, I have no idea how to use expressions/where to input them to link the QR codes to the textbox/fields or how to create the qr codes so that theyโ€™ll work with google sheets, etc. Is there a solution to this? Sorry for the troubleโ€ฆ

Hi @Kranji_Node_Store
Check out this thread

Thank you very much! Iโ€™m starting to understand how this works now, would I be able to have multiple expressions in one column? Like a Linktoform expression to fill up another tables/views form instead of the same one? Or do I still have no idea what Iโ€™m doing? XD

@Kranji_Node_Store
I dont really know what you are trying to do but maybe you could fire an action on form save to copy data to another table?
https://www.appsheet.com/Support?idx=help&p=0&is_v=1&q=actions

Oops, I think Iโ€™m making the process overly complicated. Scratch what I said before

Sorry, the solution you provided above fixed the issue I had before. Thank you very much for the help on that, I spent hours reading the post of Split and Index again and again to try and figure out how to go about implementing it.

Currently, Iโ€™m trying to make a search function on the app where if I search/scan a unique code(QR code text) on a view (called scanner) it brings me to another view and shows me the row Iโ€™m looking for. Iโ€™ve tried to reference the row but the app crashes.

Top Labels in this Space