Trying to get a report sent to each trainer for their trainees

I have a table of trainers and a table of trainees, there is a REF between them. I want to send each trainer an email that contains a list of their related trainees and their status. What I get is a bunch of identical emails with a list of every trainer’s trainees, which is miles long. The report workflow is set up to act on the trainers table, “For each row in table”, with the condition: isnotblank([Related Trainees By Area Tech Trainer]) so that we hopefully won’t send an email to a trainer with no trainees (there are a few, don’t ask). The action sends an email (currently just to me for testing purposes) based on a template.

Here is the start of my email template for my report:

<<Start:Select(Trainers[Name],true)>>

Trainee Report for:

<<[Name]>>

<<Start:Select([Related Trainees by Area Tech Trainer][RandomID], [Current Status]="Active Approved")>>

What should I change so that each email only contains one trainer’s list? I’m stumped. Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 3 129
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Remove that <<Start>> tag and its corresponding <<End>> tag.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Remove that <<Start>> tag and its corresponding <<End>> tag.

Awesome. This makes sense. Out of curiosity, is there a way to eliminate the large white space (blank area) at the top of email reports generated from a template? If I put the template directly in Appsheet, it’s not there, but when I use a template in an external Google Doc, there’s a large empty spot at the top of the emails. I’d rather use the external doc because if I make a boo-boo it doesn’t crash the whole app.

I don’t know: it’s not a problem I myself have had to address. My suggestions would be to make sure you page layout setting are correct, and that you’ve selected an appropriate page size (e.g, A4 vs US Letter). If those don’t help, consider engaging support@appsheet.com for further advice.

Top Labels in this Space