USERSETTINGS() reset on start

Usually we want USERSETTINGS() to stay present on the device.
But in my case I would like to reset one Usersetting each time the App restarts.

One part of the Usersettings is: โ€œHow many days do you want to display in the App?โ€. The user can choose a number. But I want this number to reset to 10 each time the App restarts.

Is that possible?

0 5 1,091
5 REPLIES 5

@Fabian
The most possible solution might be:

• Add a new table with only one column and 2 rows including the header. Column type is text and in row2 you can enter whatever you like i.e. ID001. Name the sheet i.e. LAST_SYNC and give a header name i.e. ID
  • Import this table to the app and in column structure, add a VC with NOW() expression and name it as you like i.e. LAST_SYNCED.

I believe you can set an AppFormula in your USERSETTINGS like:

IFS(
	LOOKUP("ID001","LAST_SYNC","ID","LAST_SYNCED") < NOW(),10,
	TRUE,[_THIS]
)

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

There is no way to differentiate an app (re)start and a sync.

Thank you very much @LeventK and @Steve. Your input helped me to find a solution thatโ€™s fitting for me.

I created a hidden USERSETTINGS column called โ€œTodayโ€ with the initial value TODAY() and Reset on Edit.

In the Security Filter I used the expression:

IFS(
USERSETTINGS("Today") = TODAY() , DATE([DateTime]) > TODAY() - USERSETTINGS(Days) ,
USERSETTINGS("Today") <> TODAY() , DATE([DateTime]) > TODAY() - 10
)

This means: The Days in the USERSETTINGS are valid only today. Tomorrow it will load 10 days.
I hope this works

Note that the value of your Today user setting will only be updated if the user visits the user settings form and saves the form.

Yes thatโ€™s okay for me.

Top Labels in this Space