Unable to automatically update inventory

MEC
Bronze 4
Bronze 4

Hi,

I created an inventory app where I can add and sell products. My problem is, I have an in-app formula

[Initial stock]+SUM(SELECT(Add[Quantity],([Product] = [_THISROW].[Product Id])))-SUM(SELECT(Sales[Quantity],([Product] = [_THISROW].[Product Id])))

but the update on current stock only happens when I edit the product page. 3X_0_1_01d53f98f93970042fcfef1f27753921979a774f.png

Is there a way to auto update it without editing the product page?

Solved Solved
1 5 676
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I reckon you have your app formula inside the physical column, so it will not be updated unless the row is update physically to evaluate the formula.
Move the formula to virtual column so that the calculation always returns the update result.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I reckon you have your app formula inside the physical column, so it will not be updated unless the row is update physically to evaluate the formula.
Move the formula to virtual column so that the calculation always returns the update result.

That was fast @tsuji_koichi. Thank you. All good now.

friend did it that way but it does not update as fast as I would like, what do you recommend?

Is there any way to update current stock via google sheets to relfect Appsheets "Current Stock"?

L_John

Using your formula I was able to resolve an issue that I was facing. Thanks a lot.

Top Labels in this Space