Unable to fetch app definition. Error: Unable to read the spreadsheet for ... because it is not in .xlsx format

Hi,
While testing one application I am developing yesterday with an intermittent Internet connection, I suddenly got this error for every data table use in the application and I cannot bein able to run the application again.

From any table within the App I can go to โ€œView sourceโ€ and opens de Spreadsheet. I have checked the Spreadsheet and everything seems right. Verifying this I realized now that the Spreadsheet is in Excel format in my Google Drive. I thought it was formatted as a Google Spreadsheet.

I have asked for support, but have no solution yet.
Any ideas?!

0 5 227
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Note that the Excel spreadsheet MUST be in XLSX format. Notably, XLSM (Excel with macros) is not allowed.

I have been developing and testing this application for a couple of months now with the same Spreadsheet without any previous problems. There are no macros or formulas in the spreadsheet. I was working last night with an interminttent Internet while it happened. I believe some automations were running when I deleted a step in one process (a step that sends an email notification when finished) and hit save. So, there were no changes in the column structure, either.

Iโ€™m not at all sure what the problem could be, the. I have to refer you to Support. Someone there will have to look at your app.

https://www.appsheet.com/Support/Contact

Hi, support never answer back after initial contact. But I was able to resolve the issue.

First I tried copying (cloning) the application with โ€œMake a copy of table data for the new appโ€. The copy was successfull but gave me the same error trying to access the data source.

I then downloaded the spreadsheet to my local drive and verified it was correct, then copied the app without marking the previous option. Then I uploaded the spreadsheet to the application default folder and remap every table to the new spreadsheet and IT WORKED.

Support seeming a bit flaky in more recent memory. Sent in a ticket on Nov 29th, got a โ€œstill having this issue?โ€ on Dec 9th, and still no response or even looked at since.
3X_a_e_ae0c43e48d7707025328cde6405fb2897757b942.png

Top Labels in this Space