Unable to fetch app definition. Error: Unable to read the spreadsheet for ... because it is not in .xlsx format

Hi,
While testing one application I am developing yesterday with an intermittent Internet connection, I suddenly got this error for every data table use in the application and I cannot bein able to run the application again.

From any table within the App I can go to “View source” and opens de Spreadsheet. I have checked the Spreadsheet and everything seems right. Verifying this I realized now that the Spreadsheet is in Excel format in my Google Drive. I thought it was formatted as a Google Spreadsheet.

I have asked for support, but have no solution yet.
Any ideas?!

0 5 218
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Note that the Excel spreadsheet MUST be in XLSX format. Notably, XLSM (Excel with macros) is not allowed.

I have been developing and testing this application for a couple of months now with the same Spreadsheet without any previous problems. There are no macros or formulas in the spreadsheet. I was working last night with an interminttent Internet while it happened. I believe some automations were running when I deleted a step in one process (a step that sends an email notification when finished) and hit save. So, there were no changes in the column structure, either.

I’m not at all sure what the problem could be, the. I have to refer you to Support. Someone there will have to look at your app.

https://www.appsheet.com/Support/Contact

Hi, support never answer back after initial contact. But I was able to resolve the issue.

First I tried copying (cloning) the application with “Make a copy of table data for the new app”. The copy was successfull but gave me the same error trying to access the data source.

I then downloaded the spreadsheet to my local drive and verified it was correct, then copied the app without marking the previous option. Then I uploaded the spreadsheet to the application default folder and remap every table to the new spreadsheet and IT WORKED.

Support seeming a bit flaky in more recent memory. Sent in a ticket on Nov 29th, got a “still having this issue?” on Dec 9th, and still no response or even looked at since.
3X_a_e_ae0c43e48d7707025328cde6405fb2897757b942.png

Top Labels in this Space