Unable to open a pdf through the app

Unable to retrieve and open the file in the app.

3X_7_d_7d0309641c012234c06bca2b5d8d25a8c66b80a4.png
3X_f_6_f61da915945e14273ad2b6177ee2f0cc374d80a6.png

Solved Solved
0 11 220
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

@Rafael_ANEIC-PY nice tip

@Gokulakrishnan_Praba
What I like to do, in order to make sure itโ€™s been generated, is to force the app syncing (and normallyโ€ฆthat makes the app wait for the file to be generated) before doing anything else.

with syncing action:

with expression:
LINKTOROW([yourKeyColumn], "yourCurrentViewName")&"&at="&(NOW()+1)

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Gokulakrishnan_Praba

Can you try with backslashes \ instead of /? And add a new one at the beginning, like this:

i have tried the backslash but it does not seem to make any difference

What happens at clicking on the black arrow ?
Are you sure the file has been properly generated in the proper folder ?

3X_6_a_6a31fc4314f79460b48bb90e7758e313d9863286.png

I had the same error some time ago, for me it was a cache issue, you can read more about that here:

I still do get this error, but since I know where it comes from now I can play around it, bear in mind that there might be other reasons for encountering this error.

Basically if you try to open your PDF file from within your app too fast (before it is correctly saved in your google drive) the app will save in its cache the blank error screen and wonโ€™t bother to check if the file is actually there next time that you try to open it, try creating a new pdf, wait a couple of minutes, and try again, if that doesnโ€™t work, then it itโ€™s not a cache issue.

I waited for a few minutes and im still getting the error i used the same format in another app and its working just fine

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

@Rafael_ANEIC-PY nice tip

@Gokulakrishnan_Praba
What I like to do, in order to make sure itโ€™s been generated, is to force the app syncing (and normallyโ€ฆthat makes the app wait for the file to be generated) before doing anything else.

with syncing action:

with expression:
LINKTOROW([yourKeyColumn], "yourCurrentViewName")&"&at="&(NOW()+1)

3X_2_c_2cd0cab0330f17e320c96ea795b9e6783b0f3cd5.gif

Iโ€™m going to give that a shot as well, thank you @Aurelien !

@Rafael_ANEIC-PY I love your GIF

i will try to force the sync and see what happens

I think that you need to make sure the Path is right.
Files made through bots are saved on the Default app folder (Under Info โ†’ Properties โ†’ App Properties โ†’ Default app folder)
Files uploaded to the app are saved on a folder relative to the workbook.
Columns of type File expects a folder path relative to the workbook.

What i do is that when I make an app I move the workbook to the folder mentioned on โ€œDefault app folderโ€ so itโ€™s easier for me to find any file since everything is inside that folder

Top Labels in this Space