Unexpected Showif behavior

Hi All, There is a very weird thing happening in my App.
I wanted to create a chart using some data in a table called โ€œMultiple Surgeries 2โ€. The chart appears fine. Then I wanted to add a โ€œShowIfโ€ expression to the chart so that it would show up only if the expression is valid. There is a column in the โ€œMultiple Surgeries 2โ€ table called [Specify a Time Period]. It is an Enum column with Yes and No options in it. If the user selects Yes, 2 columns appear called [Start Date] and [End Date] where the user gets to specify the date filter expression for the chart. So I want this chart to appear in the app only if this [Specify a Time Period] column is selected โ€œYesโ€. But when I type in this expression to the Chartโ€™s ShowIf expression box, it says - Unable to find column โ€˜Specify a Time Periodโ€™
Why is this happening?

0 6 447
6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Ah, is this in the Show if for a view?

Yes, it is a ShowIf for a chart

The Show if for a view is not interpreted in the context of any particular row, so references to the current row canโ€™t be used.

Understood. Thank you. This is about the other bug I got. Since thereโ€™s no way to upload a video here, I am attaching a temporary link I created on my website just to show you the bug that Iโ€™m getting. Just watch until the last couple of seconds and see what happens to the chart. At first it shows fine, then it disappears!

https://www.surgeonlk.com/copy-of-soft-tissue-malignant

@Steve

Iโ€™m afraid my familiarity with charts and display issues is limited.

Also, I noted another weird bug in charts. Can I post a video of it? Ah videos are not supported?

Top Labels in this Space