Update virtual column value

Hi, 

I have an issue with a VC. The auto update does not react as expected.

I am working on an inventory management system. I have 2 apps, one for the office, one for the warehouse. I have a "product" table and a VC that calculate the weighted average unit price. This VC is calculating the average price of every inventory movement for the past year wich refer to the product. 

The VC is properly updated within a single app. When I save an inventory movement in my office app, the VC of the related row in the product table is recalculated in the office app. I expect that this same VC in the warehouse app should be recalculated when app sync. But it does not. If I edit and save the "item" row, the VC is updated as expected.

Do I miss something ?

Chris

Solved Solved
0 3 227
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @CHRISTOPHE_CHAN 

Don't know if this is the issue but is your Delta Sync setting ON? If so it will affect the VC calculation.

jyothis_m_0-1662037403328.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @CHRISTOPHE_CHAN 

Don't know if this is the issue but is your Delta Sync setting ON? If so it will affect the VC calculation.

jyothis_m_0-1662037403328.png

Hi @jyothis_m 

Well done, thanks ! It looks like the solution. I feel that this will cause performance issue on the other side, looks like highgly increasing sync time.

Chris

Yes you are correct @CHRISTOPHE_CHAN . Delta sync will significantly reduce sync times. But VC updation will be delayed. You and make an actual column instead of VC in that case. 

Top Labels in this Space