Updating another table with specific value

I have a tables ‘actions’ and a table ‘order’. The ‘action’ table is referenced to the ‘order’ table with the column AS_ID_ORDER.
I need that when the ‘action’ is Change delivery date, the column NEW_DELIVERY_DATE is updated with the date specified in the ‘action’ form.

I am trying to get it using workflows or actions but I am kind of lost. I also saw some possibilities using the API, do you think it is the best solution?

Solved Solved
0 3 439
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Bellave_Jayaram Thanks a lot, it worked with this one:

LOOKUP(MAXROW(
	"app_product_order_states_details",
	"timestamp",
	(
		(AND([action] = "btI9TO0T", [_THISROW].[as_id_product_order] = [as_id_product_order]))
		)
	),
app_product_order_states_details,as_id_product_order_states_detail,new_delivery_date)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You don’t need to use the API - a simple workflow will do it. Have you read this https://help.appsheet.com/behavior/workflow-changing-data/changing-data-from-a-workflow-rule-or-sche... ?
If you still have trouble, describe what you did and what you are observing and we can advise.

I did read it put the updating action actually set the value to a specific value.
Now I am thinking that I shoud instead of set the status to a specific value put a lookupformula to my previous table’s last inserted row ?

@Bellave_Jayaram Thanks a lot, it worked with this one:

LOOKUP(MAXROW(
	"app_product_order_states_details",
	"timestamp",
	(
		(AND([action] = "btI9TO0T", [_THISROW].[as_id_product_order] = [as_id_product_order]))
		)
	),
app_product_order_states_details,as_id_product_order_states_detail,new_delivery_date)
Top Labels in this Space