Use 'Image' or 'Thumbnail' Type Virtual Columns with Google Sheets

Hello,

I'm new to Appsheet, and I've been working with virtual columns where the type is set as "Image" or "Thumbnail." These formulas work perfectly when using the Appsheet Database as a data source. However, when I select Google Sheets as the data source, these formulas in virtual columns stop working in the "Image" or "Thumbnail" format.

Could you please advise me on how to work around this issue and use formulas in "Image" or "Thumbnail" in a virtual column when Google Sheets is set as the data source?

In my project, I need to change the image based on the selected language in the interface and depending on which list item the user has chosen by default.

Thank you.

Attach the formula used for thumbnail:

IFS(
  AND(
    ([Name] = "Finandy.com"),
    ([Default] = TRUE)
  ), 
      LOOKUP(USERSETTINGS("Language"), "Translations", "Language", "webhooks.column.thumbnail_active_finandy"),

AND(
    ([Name] = "Finandy.com"),
    NOT([Default])
  ), 
      LOOKUP(USERSETTINGS("Language"), "Translations", "Language", "webhooks.column.thumbnail_inactive_finandy"),

AND(
    ([Name] = "Aleeert.com"),
    ([Default] = TRUE)
  ), 
      LOOKUP(USERSETTINGS("Language"), "Translations", "Language", "webhooks.column.thumbnail_active_aleeert"),

AND(
    ([Name] = "Aleeert.com"),
    NOT([Default])
  ), 
      LOOKUP(USERSETTINGS("Language"), "Translations", "Language", "webhooks.column.thumbnail_inactive_aleeert"),

TRUE, ""
)

When using an Appsheet Database:

Screenshot at Oct 14 16-52-38.png

When using a Google Sheets (formulas are written in a virtual column, not in a Google Sheets cell):

Mavrodi_0-1697281038057.png

Solved Solved
0 1 161
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found a solution: you need to remove these checkboxes (Settings -> Performance)

Mavrodi_0-1697285128809.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I found a solution: you need to remove these checkboxes (Settings -> Performance)

Mavrodi_0-1697285128809.png

Top Labels in this Space