Use URL image from other worksheet

JM_P

Hi all! Newcomer here! I want to do something that Iโ€™m sure is pretty simple but thereโ€™s something I donโ€™t grasp about ref/key/label and multi worksheet.
For my example, I have a table with 1 product worksheet and 1 images worksheet.
The key Id in the images worksheet is the ImageID column.
The images worksheet contains an ImageURL column where I store the URL.
Iโ€™d like to have a product view that shows the productโ€™s name as well as the productโ€™s image.
The reference has to come from a virtual column in the product worksheet as there is no shared ID column in the worksheets.

Iโ€™m not sure Iโ€™m clear, and Iโ€™m not sure I got it all right but Iโ€™m sure someone will help me get there eventually Thx!

0 18 422
18 REPLIES 18

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Why are they in separate worksheets?

JM_P

Hi @Steve,

Because in my final project thatโ€™s how the data is exported from Shopify products through a third-party app, I have no control over that.

So what isnโ€™t happening that you want to happen?

Well, in the products view I would like to have both the productโ€™s name as well as its picture, which comes from the images worksheet. Iโ€™m probably missing something simple but I donโ€™t get the pictures displayed!

Please post a screenshot of the configuration of the โ€œproducts viewโ€.

JM_P

Here we go:

And the bottom of the screen:

3X_5_c_5c0f9973fc73c94b2927164c77a9db8e24245606.png

I tried that but I still see the warning sign instead of the image

Then your image URL is probably bad. What is an example image URL?

The image URL looks ok as when I add an Image view they show up without problem, the issue is only when I want to display them from the products view.

(https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e1/FullMoon2010.jpg/420px-FullMoon2010.jpg)

In my first message there is an error, the Image_ID isnโ€™t supposed to be created from the table as itโ€™s not present in the products Worksheet, I did forget to re-generate the columns after modifying the worksheet.

So the REF column must come from a virtual column, and Iโ€™m not sure what to put in the expression, any help would be appreciated, looks like thatโ€™s where Iโ€™m having troubles ?!

Please post a screenshot from the app editor of the corrected column list. Please also post a screenshot from the app editor of the column list of the images table.

Hereโ€™s the table with the updated columns, including the REF type virtual one which Iโ€™m not confident filling the formula field:

And hereโ€™s the Images table, which I think is pretty straight-forward unless Iโ€™m missing something else:

Thanks in advance for your help!

How do you know which image goes with which product?

JM_P

Hmm Good point! In some way I assumed the row numbers were inherently connected and image at line 2 would match product at line 2, I realize now thatโ€™s not a wise assumption!
In the data exported from the Shopify store by the 3rd party app I assumed the same and itโ€™s not the case neither, plus I donโ€™t see a field in that exported GoogleSheet that could help me link them together!

Iโ€™m going to ask the Shopify Sheets app developer for details and come back if Iโ€™m still stuck with this.
Anyways thank you very much for your ongoing support on this, I really appreciate!

JM

Alright! In the end I found out that they provide unique IDs (product ID) in the worksheet, they were the first columns and were hidden but they show up in Appsheet anyways!
So Iโ€™ve set that product ID in the Images worksheet as key value, and the product ID in the products worksheet as a Ref, with images worksheet as source.

I then created an Image virtual column, with the expression [product ID].[ImageURL], set it as label, and voilร !

Thank you very much for the support! I still need to really grasp the concepts and differences between all the appsheet terms and especially how to build relationships between tables/worksheet in a clean way that makes sense, but Iโ€™m now on track!

Have a good day!

Hey there,
how can i display image using a Image-URL from another File ref to [Product-ID] for example?
For Text iยดm using Following expression for initial-value:

[Product-ID This Table].[Productdescription Ref Table] - for example

But for Image there is no way to insert any initial-value and i canยดt find solution to get it done by App-Formula

Thanks a lot!

Top Labels in this Space