Use first question of form as validation field

DM1975

Hello, I would like to create a data collection app for a small nonprofit. The purpose of the app is to create a space where about 25 volunteers can input information on multiple forms. The organization will not be able to afford a per volunteer user fee but I think that this can be a public app given the information flow is only one direction (i.e. no data is shared back through the app). The reason I have chosen AppSheet, rather than just four forms is because there is required functionality that is not included in google forms and because I am able t provide context information an instructions easier.

There are four forms that the volunteer needs to fill out multiple times per day and we will need to know which volunteer made each entry on the back end on the table. Because the app will need to be public to keep the cost down I do not want to put their names in a drop down, so I thought instead I could just have them enter a unique ID for themselves.

I have a set of 5 tables, one each for the four forms and then one table that lists the volunteer and their unique ID (meant o be a lookup table).

Would it be possible to have the first question on the form be their ID. If the ID entered matches one on the volunteer list, they can proceed to question 2 and the rest of the form?

1 1 63
1 REPLY 1

Yes, edit_if and valid_if could do the job.

Also, you can contact AppSheet about plans for nonprofit

3X_9_6_96f4f7e92339865f4841313485eee77d74e71f6e.png

https://pages.apigee.com/appsheet-non-profit-discount.html

Top Labels in this Space