Use of Concatenate to suppress blank data col...

Use of Concatenate to suppress blank data columns for reporting

Following on from Aleksiโ€™s recommendation in response to another post I have been using virtual columns with CONCATENATE strings to suppress blank rows from reports. All worked fine, but I have just constructed another one and it is not including carriage returns, see extract below, anyone know what Iโ€™ve missed?

=CONCATENATE( IFS(NOT(ISBLANK([DoorAndIronmongery])),CONCATENATE("Internal door and Ironmongery: โ€œ,[ DoorAndIronmongery],โ€

")), IFS(NOT(ISBLANK([FireDoorAndIronmongery])),CONCATENATE("Internal fire door and ironmongery: โ€œ,[ FireDoorAndIronmongery],โ€

")), IFS(NOT(ISBLANK([FinalExitDoor])),CONCATENATE("External final exit door: โ€œ,[FinalExitDoor],โ€

")), )

By way of a footnote from other posts Iโ€™ve seen I think others struggle with reporting from Appsheet and it would be useful to have a function that automatically suppresses columns for rows that have no data along with their corresponding headings, would make life so much easier. Thanks, Steve

0 5 602
5 REPLIES 5

What is the result with this expression and what it should be?

It was providing the concatenate string correctly but with any carriage returns. For example:-

Internal door and Ironmongery: Fair Windows: Good Curtains or BlindsFair Wall Finishes: Good Floor Finishes: Good Ceiling Finishes: Good Fixtures & Fittings: Fair Plumbing: No evidence of leaks Electric Lights: All lights working , Light switch intact and working Electric - Sockets: No broken sockets

That said, after changing my table structure which forced me to regenerate it has started working in the way I expect, so no problem now! Text generated this time appears as:-

Internal door and Ironmongery: Good Windows: Good Curtains or BlindsFair Wall Finishes: Good Floor Finishes: Good Ceiling Finishes: Good Fixtures & Fittings: Good Plumbing: No evidence of leaks Electric Lights: All lights working , Light switch intact and working Electric - Sockets: No broken sockets

This is what I was expecting to see. Thanks for taking time out to reply to my post.

If anyone else experiences this problem I suggest they insert an extra column in their data table and regenerate.

And btwโ€ฆ you can write the NOT(ISBLANK()) like ISNOTBLANK() as well.

Okay, thanks for the heads up.

Top Labels in this Space