User Specific Virtual Columns

Hi Appsheet team,

Just an idea. Is User Specific Virtual Columns a possibility? (The virtual column will have a value on my phone, and another value on someone elseโ€™s phone) . I know we have usersettings for user specific navigation, but user specific virtual columns will add more flexibility as it can belong to different tables. There could be a toggle that will change the virtual column from Normal Virtual Column to User Specific Virtual Column. The user can then make changes to his User Specific Virtual Columns via an action?

Thanks

Jerry Lan

Solved Solved
0 7 846
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The concept of Private (i.e. not shared) Tables is meant for this kind of per-user data.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

If you create an additional table with columns that you can fill with an action button, it would be a user specific if every user has their own record. Then you can use those values as you wish with virtual columns.

Thanks Aleksi! Yes I thought about that but not deeply enough. Let me give it a try!

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

All virtual columns are already user- and device-specific.

Hi Steve,
I think virtual column is user and device specific only with app formula : useremail() or username() โ€ฆits very limitedโ€ฆFor example, in netflix,you are able to continue watching a certain movie and at the position you stopped at .this is user specific for that movie (as everyone is watching different movies)โ€ฆwith user specific virtual column, we might be able to replicate thisโ€ฆ@aleksi, I was trying to do this Continue watching where you stopped function of netflixโ€ฆan experimental challenge for meโ€ฆI should be able to replicate, but there will be an action button that user needs to press at least I thinkโ€ฆ

What youโ€™re referring to isnโ€™t a virtual column, itโ€™s a user-specific row.

Youโ€™re welcome

The concept of Private (i.e. not shared) Tables is meant for this kind of per-user data.

Top Labels in this Space