User on old app versions browser and mobile

Hello I have a client with an employee who is unable to reach the new app version by browser nor mobile.

On the mobile app weโ€™ve logged out/back in uninstalled and reinstalled but he still gets the old app.

On the browser, he has cleared his browsing history logged out/back in several times but still gets the old app.

Heโ€™s extremely frustrated and I can certainly understand why. Others in the company are fine.

How else can I help him?

0 11 666
11 REPLIES 11

Did you check that he will get the โ€œLatestโ€ version?

@Fabian
To the best of my knowledge, app versioning only works with the Business Plan unfortunately

@LeventK Yeah you are totally right. But I donโ€™t know on which plan @Daisy_Ramirez is

Hi Fabian & Levent, what happens if its set to App version: Default?

@Daisy_Ramirez
For app accounts other than Business Plan, I believe that option does not have an affect on the created app(s) and its users.

I have Business. Wanted to understand the impact of the Default option on the white list to see if its consistent with what the client is seeing.

@Daisy_Ramirez
Provided you are on Business account, I may advise first setting a latest version via Manage > Versions > Stable Version

and then assigning the Stable version to all of your app users.

Thanks Levent, do you know if this will this help my clientโ€™s employee immediately?

@Daisy_Ramirez
If the employee sync his/her app with a โ€˜cold startโ€™, it should help. With the word โ€˜cold startโ€™ I mean a fresh start of the app, not bringing the app from the mobile devices background running apps drawer. The deviceโ€™s cache mem shall be clean.

Thanks Levent, I completed the process and the employee says its working sporadically. He gets the new version, comes back to create another quote in the system but doesnโ€™t get the features he needs again which possibly means heโ€™s back to the old version. He doesnโ€™t want to clear his cache as many other apps will be affected.

Any ideas on how to flush out that old version?

Thanks

@Daisy_Ramirez
Unfortunately I have used all the coins in my pocket I may advise contacting support@appsheet.com for further advise

Top Labels in this Space