Using INPUT function

Hello, I would like to be able to use the [_INPUT] function in an action by appending a new value to a predefined text value. I tried inserting the default text on "Default value" but this is not taken into consideration...
Thanks for the replies.
EnzoSchermata del 2024-04-07 18-08-09.png

Solved Solved
0 3 135
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It is either the default value, or a value manually entered by the user (or through automation); I don't believe you can get both at the same time. 

You might instead consider having a virtual column to concatenate a preset text plus the value collected by your INPUT action. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

To append an input text to an existing value in "note" column, use CONCATENATE(), like:

CONCATENATE([note], [_INPUT].[Descrizione]),
or simply: [note] & [_INPUT].[Descrizione]

Thanks for the answer Joseph 🙂 actually if on "Notes" I already have a value the whole thing works...
But if I start from an empty field and want to add the description you find on "Advanced"/"Inputs"/"Default Value" plus a value entered manually with [_Input]?
I couldn't find the right "combination" 😞
Enzo

It is either the default value, or a value manually entered by the user (or through automation); I don't believe you can get both at the same time. 

You might instead consider having a virtual column to concatenate a preset text plus the value collected by your INPUT action. 

Top Labels in this Space