Using PII in expressions

Hi all! I'm new to AppSheet and I'm trying to compare USEREMAIL() to a column in one of my tables that stores Email Addresses. I have a Y/N expression - [EmailAddress] = USEREMAIL() which works - until I mark the EmailAddress column as PII, at which point the comparison fails.

This is obviously by design - so how do I go about using PII in expressions? I'd like to allow the signed in user to view/edit their own PII, and it seems logical to correlate that based on their email.

Any suggestions?

Solved Solved
0 5 284
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yeah, I've ended up deleting that app and starting over - it's now working as expected. I'm really not sure what it was - but I'm inclined to chalk it up to rookie error rather than a fault in appsheets. Thanks for taking the time.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

May I ask where are you using this formula?

Sure! I'm using it as the Row Filter Condition for a slice on the table that contains [EmailAddress]

The PII option (Data > Column's definition > Sensitive data option) should not have anything to do with this. Are you sure you are checking the slice view with the correct email address? If you are doing this with the Editor/Emulator, check from the upper menu that the email address is correct.

Yeah, I've ended up deleting that app and starting over - it's now working as expected. I'm really not sure what it was - but I'm inclined to chalk it up to rookie error rather than a fault in appsheets. Thanks for taking the time.

I made a quick test to see it's not a bug.. and yes, it works as expected. The filter works as the same with or without the sensitive option.

Top Labels in this Space