Using Quickedit to change a table

Hi All
I am new to this Appsheet thing so this is probably a question that has been asked before.
I am creating a sport training record app
Part of my app is a register of attendance I have set this up with a row for each attendee and a column for each date.
I want to be able to quickly mark each attendee as present or not
I have tried Enum columns (yes/no) but the whole process of tapping the cell waiting for the dropdown, selecting the option, waiting for the cell to update can take 5 or 6 seconds (way too slow)
A Yes/No column type is great, works really fast but there are no column headers to show the date so that is no good.
Any tips on the best way to do this

0 4 978
4 REPLIES 4

How about an ENUMLIST type column where you can tick multiple items i.e. names?

Let me know how youโ€™ve got your tables laid out at the moment if you want further help

Simon@1minManager.com

Hi, Using an ENUMLIST would definitely make it faster but I am not sure on the best table layout to work with that.
Currently my data source is a googlesheet with 30 rows (one for each person) and 35 columns (one for each date of training)
My original plan was using Quickedit with each column (date) being ENUM with the options Yes,No. But like I say that is too slow

Try setting it up as a ENUMLIST with PersonTable[NameColumn] as the validIF formula

Simon@1minManager.com

Hi your ENUMLIST pointed me in the right direction. I am using it to get a list of players (comma separated) per date. Then I am doing some IF functions and regex in google sheets to format the data the way I want it
thanks

Top Labels in this Space