Using expression in Appsheet API - POST - To call a data action

Hello Everyone, 

I am Trying to create an action that will call an action in another app to assign a UNIQUEID() in a random row in that table in a column that will only trigger an automation. 

The problem: 
Ref actions are not supported, meaning that i couldn't use a execute action on a set of rows followed by the action that will write the unique ID in that particular column. 
How do i specify in the API body to tigger the action on any row if i don't know the ID or the _row Number ? 

Below works , but because i know one of the IDs in that table.

Type: POST

{
  "Action": "Trigger_Action",
  "Properties": {},
  "Rows": [
    {
      "ID": "09f8facf"
    }
  ]
}

Is there a ways to use an expression in the api body above ? something like: 
FILTER("Table",[ID]=MIN(Table[_RowNumber]))

Shortly, i want to trigger the action "Trigger_Action" on any of the rows of the table

Thanks for any input / Tips
Solved Solved
0 5 97
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I was digging in appsheet community earlier today and came across an old comment of yours (your old account) suggesting to have an in the middle app to process the data transfers instead of the main app where VC are involved which makes the transfer row by row vs  BULK

App A will trigger the automation in App B to do the transfers from table to another.

I read some api documentation and found the solution:
{
{
"ID": "<<FILTER("Table",[ID]=MINROW("Table", "_ROWNUMBER"))>>"
}
]
}

this is working for me now 

View solution in original post

Though MINROW() without FILTER() should give you the same key column's value.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Why do you need a dynamic value from the AppB if the only purpose is to trigger a Bot? Do you have that table in the AppA as well?

I was digging in appsheet community earlier today and came across an old comment of yours (your old account) suggesting to have an in the middle app to process the data transfers instead of the main app where VC are involved which makes the transfer row by row vs  BULK

App A will trigger the automation in App B to do the transfers from table to another.

I read some api documentation and found the solution:
{
{
"ID": "<<FILTER("Table",[ID]=MINROW("Table", "_ROWNUMBER"))>>"
}
]
}

this is working for me now 

Though MINROW() without FILTER() should give you the same key column's value.

Thanks again for your input , its working too. 

You're welcome!

Top Labels in this Space