(Valid_If) + Other condition

In the Valid If field I have a formula to filter me in cascade, to show me a dependent dropdown list and it is like this
LISTA DE LLAVES [CODIGO LLAVE] works all OK
But how would I do to add one more condition in that field, that is, I want that apart from the dependent dropdown list, to place a formula so that the record is not repeated within a date.
thanks for your help.

wsaico_1-1674993786319.png

0 4 179
4 REPLIES 4

@wsaico wrote:

But how would I do to add one more condition in that field, that is, I want that apart from the dependent dropdown list, to place a formula so that the record is not repeated within a date.

If I understand correctly, you wish to remove choices from the dropdown list IF there has already been a row entered with that list choice on the same DAte as the current row being entered.  Is that correct?

If so then you would want to add an expression that gives the List of the USED list choices and "subtract" that from the complete list.  Something like this:

LISTA DE LLAVES[CODIGO LLAVE] - SELECT(TRAZABILIDAD[LLAVE QUE RETIRA], [DATE] = [_THISROW].[DATE])

Change the [DATE] column with the actual name of your date column in the table.

Thank you for your prompt reply, I decided to use the following expression 

LISTA DE LLAVES[CODIGO LLAVE] - SELECT(TRAZABILIDAD[LLAVE QUE RETIRA],[ESTATUS]="RETIRADO")

What it does is to hide from the list an example record PM017 if the ESTATUS is equal to RETIRADO.

But my big drawback is that I also want to make the LLAVE QUE RETIRA list dependent on the TIPO DE LLAVE column with Enum ORIGINAL and COPIA when the user selects ORIGINAL it should show only the corresponding list, in fact in TIPO DE LLAVE in Data Validity there is already the expression LISTA DE LLAVES [TIPO DE LLAVE].

wsaico_4-1675045031749.png

wsaico_3-1675044536479.png

wsaico_5-1675045079706.png

The highlighted are from TIPO DE LLAVE = ORIGINAL but it shows also the COPIA ones.

But I can't get it to work, do you have any idea how I can do it?

@wsaico wrote:

But I can't get it to work, do you have any idea how I can do it?

In this case, the starting list needs to be conditionally filtered IF an Enum value has been selected.  It gets a little more complicated.  I would do this:

IF(ISBLANK([TIPO DE LLAVE]),
LISTA DE LLAVES[CODIGO LLAVE],
SELECT(LISTA DE LLAVES[CODIGO LLAVE],  [TIPO DE LLAVE] = [_THISROW].[TIPO DE LLAVE])
)

- SELECT(TRAZABILIDAD[LLAVE QUE RETIRA],[ESTATUS]="RETIRADO")

Thank you very much for your answer, I can still make it work.

wsaico_0-1675097762099.png

wsaico_1-1675097820501.png

Anything else I should do?

Thank you very much for your help.

Top Labels in this Space