ValidIF Question Hi everyone. I have a row f...

ValidIF Question

Hi everyone. I have a row for scanned items, the barcode is basically the order number and I want to prevent the wrong item being scanned.

I have put into place a ValidIF

check between the ScanCode row and the OrderNumber row

[_THIS]=[OrderNumber]

I tested the expression and it is valid and works in the test sheet. However when I test via a mobile, I can actually scan a completely different number and it seems to accept it.

I would like to ask, is there a way I can prevent the wrong item being scanned? A visual or audible warning and not allow the user to save until the right item is scanned?

Many thanks JIM

0 9 351
9 REPLIES 9

That formula should do that job. What is the app name and account ID? I believe it’s the quickest way to find out… and if it’s okay for you, thanks.

What column type is [OrderNumber]?

Could [OrderNumber] be blank?

@Aleksi_Alkio delivered3-562498

Thank you I hope I got that bit right?

@Steven_Coile I don’t think so the purpose of the row is to double check that the scanned item is the same as the order number. Thank you though.

@Aleksi_Alkio Look under the top menu for manifest the scan section is at the bottom Thank you very much

So… both columns are text fields, no Valid_Ifs etc. When I tested your app (opening the form), it does not let me to save the form if these two fields don’t match. The ScanCode field can be blank and then the validation would be true, but because it’s a mandatory field, you can’t save the record if it’s blank.

So… how did you manage to save the form? Can you describe it step by step, thanks.

@Aleksi_Alkio amazing when I tried it i managed to scan it! I am more impressed that I managed to get it to work However my issue now is that if i incorrectly

scan it notifies me yet when I scan the correct barcode it remains invalid , red underline and I cannot save so my new question is how do I manage that? As always thank you for your help. Jim

Maybe you should add one Show field (normal or virtual column) explaining the issue for the user?

@Aleksi_Alkio thank you I will work this out tomorrow. Thanks again

Top Labels in this Space