View attached files

Hello,
I am trying to figure out the best way to view attachments to an App. I have an App where there are a few locations to attach a file. Upon review of the record, we would like to be able to view the attachment. My data is in a form with many tabs. I understand that the edit form will not display the file attached, but will allow another file to be attached - the nature of the โ€˜editโ€™ part. Do I need to create a view to just open/read any attachments to a record? If so, does that view have to be a certain type (i.e. detail, table, card, etc.) and not a tabbed form? I am very frustrated with this. And, does that view need to be read-only? Any help is greatly appreciated.

TIA,

0 2 341
2 REPLIES 2

Files attached in File type columns can be viewed from any view types besides a Form view.

Files are opened via the action type โ€œExternal: open a fileโ€. This action is usually auto-generated when you set a column to File type, and shows up in the recordโ€™s Detail view, with โ€œinlineโ€ prominence. You can create your own actions of this type, and display or activate them anywhere that any other actions can be displayed or activated.

I donโ€™t know what you mean exactly by a โ€œread-only viewโ€, but no this shouldnโ€™t matter.

Thanks Marcโ€ฆI was just waiting for confirmation that it couldnโ€™t be done on a form.

Top Labels in this Space