Custom action for multi select

Can I have a custom action (other than the default delete button) for when I multiselect rows?

I want the action to open up a form and I want the selected rows to be a list type in a column of another table.

So select multiple rows in Table A, click action. Action opens up a form that creates a new row on Table B with a prefilled column containing a list of the multiple Table A rows that was selected.

Solved Solved
0 1 822
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes. Actions that can be applied to multiple rows will show up under the โ€œ3 dotsโ€ button next to the trash can.

This isnโ€™t exactly possible though. The action would need to run on all selected rows individually.

One option that you can do, is to run a โ€œselectionโ€ action on the multiple selected rows, which simply marks them somehow via a โ€œset the values of some columnsโ€ action. Then in a separate action, forward the user with LINKTOFORM, and have a field that pulls in all of the โ€œselectedโ€ rows from the first action.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Yes. Actions that can be applied to multiple rows will show up under the โ€œ3 dotsโ€ button next to the trash can.

This isnโ€™t exactly possible though. The action would need to run on all selected rows individually.

One option that you can do, is to run a โ€œselectionโ€ action on the multiple selected rows, which simply marks them somehow via a โ€œset the values of some columnsโ€ action. Then in a separate action, forward the user with LINKTOFORM, and have a field that pulls in all of the โ€œselectedโ€ rows from the first action.

Top Labels in this Space