View based on conditions

Hello

I have a simple maintenance ticket logging app. The Form has conditional questions based on the first question; “Type of Ticket”. Each Section is slightly different although common columns appear, “Category”,“Risk Level”, “Venue” etc. The GSheet then has ‘page number’ and ‘page description’ separating these Sections. I understand thus far.

I would (really, really) like to ‘View All Tickets’ as a "deck’

My challenge, ‘Main Image auto’ isn’t smart enough to find/display what should be “Image Upload_18” for the “General Log” Ticket or I’m not smart enough to tell App Sheet how to do that…
This is the same for the headers and summary column.

My workaround, is in the Main Menu I’ve created splices and views for each category (Emergency Report, General Log, Routine Maintenance etc.) And I could always leave out the image and let auto find/fill, in the rest for my “View All Tickets” option. But that is not ideal.

Is there a way for (excuse me) Main Image = Image Upload_18 if “Type of Ticket” = General Log or Main Image = Upload Before and After_53 if “Type of Ticket” = Scheduled Maintenance?

Is the error in my data creation, should I not have more than one ‘Image’ column?
Or should I keep reading about VC’s and other such exciting things?

Any direction to articles or previous discussions would be highly appreciated.

Stay Safe
J

Solved Solved
0 2 386
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If understranding of your requirement is correct, you could try below.

Please create a VC called say [ImagebyTicketType] of Image type with an expression something like

IFS (
[Type of Ticket] = “General Log” , [Image Upload_18],
[Type of Ticket] = “Scheduled Maintenance” , [Upload Before and After_53]
)

Please select this newly created VC [ImagebyTicketType] as the main image column in the deck view settings.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If understranding of your requirement is correct, you could try below.

Please create a VC called say [ImagebyTicketType] of Image type with an expression something like

IFS (
[Type of Ticket] = “General Log” , [Image Upload_18],
[Type of Ticket] = “Scheduled Maintenance” , [Upload Before and After_53]
)

Please select this newly created VC [ImagebyTicketType] as the main image column in the deck view settings.

That absolutely worked! I can now apply that logic to the other categories like Primary Heading etc. I thank you kindly Suvrutt for your time.

p.s. For any other newbies reading this, with the same problem, clear the formula for “Show?” that gets auto-generated and replace it with a show_if or clear it and check the little box. I did not do this the first time, it didn’t work because of this oversight. It does now though and I’m super happy.

Top Labels in this Space