View only showing balances based on date and or/balance

I need a view created that will show each transaction(in this case - 3). But i DO NOT need each row to show the (31-60) balance. I ONLY want the row that the transaction occurred in to show the balance.

For example - if a transaction of $1,729.35 occurred in 31-60 days - That is the only row that should show that balanceโ€ฆ See image below - this may explain it better.

0 53 1,548
53 REPLIES 53

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Ok. I can limit what row is shown, except i need each row here shown. I just do not need the amounts to show up in each column - like they are now. So if i do a slice - wont that limit me to ONLY one row?

How is this topic different from your other post?

Its the same - but i have not found a good solution. Well, i am not understanding it. I cannot get this solved.

Sorry. I am struggling to understand how to do this. I still need those rows to show up. So i canโ€™t filter them out. I just need the balance shown (in the appropriate column) each time a row is shown. Right now, that balance keeps showing on each row - whether it occured during that time/date (i.e. 31-60 days) or not

Please describe in words and without using a picture what each column of one row of the table should contain.

Each row should show the [Amount] column. Then โ€œ$0โ€ where it didnโ€™t happen (did not happen that duration) - i.e. [Current], [0-30 Days], etcโ€ฆ
Then where the [Amount] did happen (the duration) - i need the column to show the [amount].

How is โ€œit didnโ€™t happenโ€ determined, in your own words?

What is the difference between โ€œCurrentโ€ and โ€œ0-30 daysโ€?

To me - Didnโ€™t happen means - the [amount] column value was not in that particular duration column.

Current - happened (amount posted) within 15 days (of todayโ€™s date)
0-30 - happened (amount posted) between 0-30 days (of todayโ€™s date)
31-60 - happened (amount posted) between 31-60 days (of todayโ€™s Date)

and so onโ€ฆ

[Current] and [0-30 Days] will obviously have some overlap. But this is how my company defines [current] and [0-30]

App formula for Current:

IFS(
  (TODAY() <= ([Date] + 15)),
    [Amount]
)

App formula for 0-30 Days:

IFS(
  (TODAY() <= ([Date] + 30)),
    [Amount]
)

App formula for 31-60 Days:

IFS(
  AND(
    (TODAY() > ([Date] + 30)),
    (TODAY() <= ([Date] + 60))
  ),
    [Amount]
)

App formula for 61-90 Days:

IFS(
  AND(
    (TODAY() > ([Date] + 60)),
    (TODAY() <= ([Date] + 90))
  ),
    [Amount]
)

App formula for 91 and Over:

IFS(
  (TODAY() > ([Date] + 90)),
    [Amount]
)

This is what I suggested. Notice the difference (column name differences notwithstanding).

Thank you. Let me try these out.

Thanks again, as always!

I am still getting same results. Is there another setting or something i may be missing?

Screenshot?

No, you are not getting the same results. In fact, things are improved.

Probably. Please provide a screenshot of the complete App formula expressions for the Current and 91 and over columns.

This is not the expression I suggested.

FYI - i labeled [Document Date] - as Display - โ€œDateโ€

[Current Trx Amount] - as โ€œAmountโ€

OH!!! Am i not suppose to use my dates?

Oh. I do see it. I copied pasted wrong expression. Sorry. Let me try this againโ€ฆ

Ok. I went back and double checked the expressions. They are what you gave earlier. However it still is not working. I want to point out - i am screen shooting snippets of data. In other words, the other columns are not working either (see image). This dataset is huge so i cannot give all screen shots. The company has thousands of customers and this data set shows all their accounts receivables.

Please provide screenshots of the App formula expressions for whatever columns are incorrect.

These are all virtual columns? Or are they normal columns?

These are normal - straight from the dataset. Should i make Virtual instead?

Ah-ha!

The app formula expressions of normal columns are only reevaluated (the values updated) when the row is modified (e.g., when the row is edited in a form). The app expressions of virtual columns are reevaluated when the app is synced.

Virtual columns would get you quicker updated values, but will extend sync times, especially for a huge dataset. Normal columns wouldnโ€™t have a significant effect on sync times, but require special handling with actions and workflows to keep the values current.

Ok. Then i will try Virtual. I am very sorry - i didnโ€™t realizeโ€ฆ

Not a problem. We just had to work through it all.

You are always great. I really do appreciate the helpโ€ฆ

I went back and looked at your first post on this topic. Am I correct in understanding all of these columns are computed by your database? That you donโ€™t need to compute the values, you just want to hide pre-computed values?

Now we are cooking with GREASE!! See image:

and - yes you are correct. I needed to just hide based on that [document date] column.

You got me going!!!

Thanks

Top Labels in this Space