View orientation on mobile device

Punch

Hi!

Is it possible to โ€œforceโ€ an orientation of a view? I.e landscape view if a certain view is opened? Could be really useful for columns of signature type.

Thx!

Solved Solved
0 5 652
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I understand what you want probably.

When your users put โ€œsignatureโ€ on the mobile phone, you want to guide the app user to do it on the landscape mode, where it is far easier as more space to write on with wider โ€œwidthโ€.

To guide user, why dont you place an โ€œtext guideโ€ with either virtual or physical field with app formula โ€œTurn your phone to landscape when you signโ€ just beside, i.e. before the signature column so that your user notices that landscape will make their life easier ? rather than sign on portlait mode?

Just as an idea.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Iโ€™m afraid we donโ€™t have that kind of feature at this moment.

Thanks for the reply!

I understand what you want probably.

When your users put โ€œsignatureโ€ on the mobile phone, you want to guide the app user to do it on the landscape mode, where it is far easier as more space to write on with wider โ€œwidthโ€.

To guide user, why dont you place an โ€œtext guideโ€ with either virtual or physical field with app formula โ€œTurn your phone to landscape when you signโ€ just beside, i.e. before the signature column so that your user notices that landscape will make their life easier ? rather than sign on portlait mode?

Just as an idea.

Thanks. That will probably work for now

@Punch Youโ€™re welcome

Top Labels in this Space