Virtual column with Lookup() formula does not display data as calculated in template file

Hi AppSheet community,

I'm experiencing an issue with Bots: the create a file. Specifically, in my data table, there is a virtual column with a Lookup() formula. When I try to create an file (Excel) from this data, the virtual column with the Lookup() function does not display data as calculated in the app. (I've tried with a virtual column that has a simple formula, and the file created still captures the value of that virtual column.)

I greatly appreciate support from the community for my case.

z5404438230044_c1ca61b4d67d030b164638431ca74b5c.jpgz5404438242217_6dde0e3c5f70fe9df51cf62f1b8ac739.jpg

Thank you.

Solved Solved
0 6 108
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you @Rafael_ANEIC-PY , @jaichith ,

My issue has been resolved. The reason was due to my mistake. My data utilizes a Security filter. However, in the Bot's Excel file creation event, I had enabled "Bypass Security Filters". I resolved it in one of the following two ways:

1. Disabling "Bypass Security Filters".

2. Creating a slice for table_2 and using this slice in the Lookup() function (With this, "Bypass Security Filters" can be enabled without being affected).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello there,

You could put the same expression from your virtual column straight into your template and it should calculate as you expect it to.

Also, we can't assess if it is an issue with the expression of the virtual column itself since you're not sharing that expression.

Hi,

I tried to put this formula directly into the template. However, the result still does not display the calculated value.

I have 2 tables, table_1 and table_2. In table_1, I want to use Lookup to retrieve KLMau from table_2. My formula and template are as follows:

A_KLMau: (LOOKUP([_THISROW].[Code],"table_2","Code","KLMau")) * ([TiLe]/100)

I used the A_KLMau column into the template. 

z5410204943152_c89dc68a049969885942f90729b4723d.jpg

Expression should work .... 

What does [tile] column says? Is [tile] belongs to same row?

Could you please try and update back_____---- [this row]โ— [tile]/100)

The "TiLe" column contains the value for my percentage calculation. It doesn't affect. I also tried [_Thisrow].[TiLe], but it didn't work. The virtual column [A_KLMau] is calculated and displayed correctly when viewed in the AppSheet interface. However, when creating a file, the value doesn't appear in the file. I suspect that the Lookup() function is not supported by AppSheet in my case (because when I use a virtual column with a simple formula, the calculated value is still displayed in the file).

Is there any way you can replace that LOOKUP() with a dereference expression by adding a REF column to that table?

Thank you @Rafael_ANEIC-PY , @jaichith ,

My issue has been resolved. The reason was due to my mistake. My data utilizes a Security filter. However, in the Bot's Excel file creation event, I had enabled "Bypass Security Filters". I resolved it in one of the following two ways:

1. Disabling "Bypass Security Filters".

2. Creating a slice for table_2 and using this slice in the Lookup() function (With this, "Bypass Security Filters" can be enabled without being affected).

Top Labels in this Space