Web Scrapper integration

Hello,

Has anyone had an experience with integrating a web scrapping service with AppSheet. Would you recommend a certain tool? 

The purpose is to take app user input, send a query to web scrapper for a predefined URL and retrieve data in few fields. 

Thank you

1 3 289
3 REPLIES 3

I built one in a standalone Google Sheet sheet (not using appsheet at all) using IMPORTXML() (https://support.google.com/docs/answer/3093342?hl=en-GB) but the issue is that the Google Sheets formula keeps refreshing.  So you'd put in 100 URLs, then get 30-40 emails, because you only get so many IMPORTXML() calls per second.  Then it would refresh and you'd get a totally different set of 30-40 emails ๐Ÿ˜

I'm looking to redo this at somepoint in JavaScript, but not for a few weeks yet.

There are tools that work how you describe, but I dont think they can be integrated with Appsheet.  Plus the cost of these tools means, if they could be integrated, that would cost more than the tool itself...

If you fancy a chat, send me an email.  Not allowed to post it on here, but you can work it out below ๐Ÿ™‚

Simon, 1minManager.com

IMPORTXML() is a great formula in google sheets!! anyhow Im running out of aknowledge. I need to ge the yellow marked data, could you give me an ide of how to get it? thanks!!

Scrap SAT Tag.JPG

You can click right and use copy full xpath to get the xpath to be used with xmlimport() in sheets

Top Labels in this Space