What do table icons stand for and how to customize them?

I noticed that some of the AppSheet templates have specific icons for the tables:

Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 10.59.39 AM.pngDo these icons have any meaning or effects on the table's behavior? Can I customize these icons?

Solved Solved
0 6 206
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I believe those icons are inherited from a view based on the table and they're simply intended visually link the table with the view for the app creator.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I believe those icons are inherited from a view based on the table and they're simply intended visually link the table with the view for the app creator.

Spot on! 

Changing the view icon also changes it for the table. 

@dbaum, thanks for such quick replies to this and other of my questions. I am totally new to AppSheet, which means I will have more questions to come. Is there a Discord/Google Chat community where I can post them without creating a new thread every time? Or this Q&A forum is the appropriate place? 

Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 11.32.31 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-28 at 11.32.36 AM.pngtable.

Youโ€™re in the right place. --

David

It seems that for System generated detail views, there is no way to set an icon.

It appears that a user-created detail view will allow setting an icon which will reflect in the table view.

So the question is: why don't system-generated detail views allow setting of an icon?

Because there's nowhere in the app that anyone would be able to see such icon.

Since it has developer value, and it seems like an extra feature (was implemented) to turn it off, why not just allow an icon for all views for both improvements:

1) simplify the logic in appsheet (a bit).

2) provide developers a way to modify the icons (indirectly) on their tables.

Top Labels in this Space