What is the 'short representation of a timestamp' in saved .jpg

Dev100

What are the last 6 numbers in a saved photo jpg filename structure? The appsheet help page states this is a short representation of a timestamp, but it does not look like a recognisable string of numbers of a date or time. If so, how do you convert this back to a usable timestamp?

“Each image file name is prefixed by the key of the row being updated, the column name, and a short representation of a timestamp.”

0 4 1,735
4 REPLIES 4

@Dev100
It’s the concatenation of YYYYMMDDHHMMSSsss
Year + Month + Day + Hours + Minutes + Seconds + Milliseconds

Thanks, but for me this does’t match. As an example:

The jpg name generates automatically as: RhSwfsjw.Photo.092649.jpg

• Key of the row = RhSwfsjw
  • Column name = Photo
  • timestamp = 16/07/2019 10:22

The key and column name tie up fine, but the timestamp doesn’t.

Any thoughts? Thanks

@Dev100
By default, AppSheet includes a system generated Timestamp in the attachment file name. The Timestamp contains the date and time at which the attachment was created. The date and time are formatted as “yyyyMMdd_HHmmss_fff” where “fff” is milliseconds. This ensures the attachment file name is unique. For example:

MyAttachmentName20190207_133355_804.pdf

That’s my misunderstanding that I thought you were asking for filenames. For the images, I believe AppSheet basically appends HHmmfff (hours, minutes and milliseconds) as a suffix to the image filesnames. As the timestamp information is retrieved from the server, it probably denotes to UTC rather than the timestamp value in the client’s device.

Thanks, that makes sense. Is there a way of changing the timestamp format in the .jpgs? It would be far more useful if the date was also included, not just the time.

Top Labels in this Space