What should I do with the yellow warning sign when dereferencing? (Broken Reference?)

I have 3 tables. List of Employees (A), Issued Vouchers (B), and Claiming ยฉ. Under them are the following columns:

List of Employees (A)
Employee ID
Last Name
First Name
Middle Name
Suffix
Contact Number
Full Name with the formula Concatenate([Last Name],", โ€œ,[First Name],โ€ โ€œ,[Middle Name],โ€ ",[Suffix])

Issued Vouchers (B): I wanted to autopopulate the other fields using dereferencing which worked.
Reference Number with the formula concatenate(Voucher Number],[Employee ID])
Employee Name with the formula [Full Name].[Full Name]
Amount
Voucher Number with the formula randbetween(10000,15000)
Employee ID with the formula [Full Name].[Employee ID]
Full Name as Ref Column referring to Table A
OTP with the formula Randbetween(300000,600000)

Claiming ยฉ: I also wanted to Dereference from Table B so that the fields Full Name and Amount be filled automatically. The problem is the suggested values in the Reference Number Field has a yellow warning sign and the other fields donโ€™t show up.
Reference Number as Ref Column referring to Table B
-this also has a formula for Suggested Values which is Issued Vouchers[Reference Number] as to minimize the error when inputting in this field.
Full Name with formula [Reference Number].[Full Name]
Amount with formula [Reference Number].[Amount]
Enter OTP

0 3 407
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Thank you for this! As I was going through the threads I couldnโ€™t find an answer on how to fix a broken reference. I tried removing the formula for the Suggested Values of Reference Number under the Claiming Table and it returns the values of Full Name from the Table List of Employees. I think thatโ€™s why thereโ€™s a yellow sign because the values donโ€™t match.

Is there a way to โ€œunloadโ€ the initial value stored so that I can dereference again using different values?

The triangle means the reference is broken.

A column of type Ref should contain the value from the key column of a row in the table referenced. If the Ref column value is not blank, but doesnโ€™t match a value in the key column of the referenced table, the triangle will be displayed.

To fix a broken reference, you must replace the Ref column value with one that matches the key column value of the intended row of the referenced table. Thereโ€™s no easy way to do this. Youโ€™ll need to edit each row and give the column a new value.

Do you know how the Ref columns got the bad values in the first place? Youโ€™ll need to ensure it doesnโ€™t happen any more.

Top Labels in this Space