Why do Appsheet apps need an internet connection every few days to work?

Good day AppSheet Community,

I am working on a prototype(Not deployed) app on the free version of AppSheet, with 2 other users helping me out.
In the Behaviour tab under Offline/Sync, I have every option set to โ€˜ONโ€™ EXCEPT Delayed Sync and Delta Sync.
Some days the app loads and works fine, then after a while, if I open it up without an internet connection, the splash screen doesnโ€™t come up and remains white and it hangs with the loading square loading and never loads.
If I reload the app with an internet connection, it loads fine and operates normally. However, after a few days or so (I havenโ€™t paid attention to the exact time), even if I had opened it with an internet connection the day before, it does this bug again and I have to reload it with an internet connection.
Therefore, it seems as the app isnโ€™t truly offline.
I do not have a corporate plan so I cannot contact AppSheet Support, but once the app is completed I plan to subscribe to the Publisher Pro plan.
Does anyone know when/why does this happen?
Is it happening because Iโ€™m not on a paid corporate plan?
Can you stop this behavior from occurring?
Is just me, or is it a bug that is going to get patched in the future, or is it a feature by design?

Thanks for taking the time to read,
William Pyke

Solved Solved
0 2 574
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bahbus

AppSheet is not an offline-only platform. You can allow an app to function offline, but it must be brought online occasionally to sync with source data. Itโ€™s also the only way to get server side bug fixes.

The app is breaking because, undoubtedly, sync required actions are piling up so high the cache/OS canโ€™t handle it anymore.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Bahbus

AppSheet is not an offline-only platform. You can allow an app to function offline, but it must be brought online occasionally to sync with source data. Itโ€™s also the only way to get server side bug fixes.

The app is breaking because, undoubtedly, sync required actions are piling up so high the cache/OS canโ€™t handle it anymore.

Thank you so much for that clarification!

Top Labels in this Space