Why is AppSheet not syncing correctly with my...

Why is AppSheet not syncing correctly with my gSheet when using this formula to get live weather?

=transpose(IMPORTHTML(โ€œhttps://www.accuweather.com/en/us/dade-city-fl/33523/hourly-weather-forecast/332333","tableโ€,1))

I have 6 locations that I need live weather updates. I created a gSheet called Weather. I then created 6 workSheets and labeled them โ€˜Location 1โ€™, โ€˜Location 2โ€™, โ€˜Location 3โ€™, etcโ€ฆIn cell A1 of each workSheet, I enter the above mentioned formula, which populates each workSheet with an hourly forecast.

I then go into AppSheet and import the 6 tables. I then create 6 โ€˜Refโ€™ Views. Then I created a โ€˜Dashboardโ€™ View to display all 6 of my โ€˜Refโ€™ Views.

Everything looks and works beautifully, but itโ€™s not updating. Currently (7pm), my gSheet weather is correct and is displaying hourly time starting at 6pm - 1am. But when I open AppSheet, the weather is still reading 1am - 8am, which would of been the forecast for late last night and into this morning.

Any ideas on whatโ€™s going on? I am pretty sure Iโ€™ve gone through everything but just canโ€™t seem to figure it out. Iโ€™ve synced and refreshed until my fingers are numb, and still nothing. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks

0 4 553
4 REPLIES 4

Check your Behavior -> Sync settings. Make sure to disable delta sync and server caching.

@praveen I did indeed have Delta sync enabled. I disabled it, and resynced, and all is good. Looks like that did the trick. Much appreciated!

@praveen does this statementโ€ฆ

โ€œSetup your app to work offline and control when changes in the app are synced with your data in the cloud. Requires a PREMIUM per-user plan or a PUBLISHER PLUS per-app plan.โ€

โ€ฆthatโ€™s displayed over the options where Delta sync is located, apply to having the Delta sync option off? I just noticed that statement and was curious if Iโ€™m going to need one of those plans to have the Delta sync option off. If that is the case, that wonโ€™t work as we will be doing the Standard Plan.

Thanks

Actually, you need one of those plans to turn it ON :] Delta sync is valuable for many cases, but not where the data is changed via formulas without the file itself changing

Top Labels in this Space