Why is 'export to CSV' not working? I looked ...

Why is โ€˜export to CSVโ€™ not working? I looked up the customer support and did exactly what was said there. I created an โ€œExport to CSVโ€ action for the table and set the display to be Overlay. Butโ€ฆ nothing happens, no overlay download button is showing. What did I miss?

0 18 2,034
18 REPLIES 18

@Michael

This issue is not related to the null reference exceptions, which I believe is fixed.

Can you provide the following for this issue: 1. Your account id 2. Your app name 3. The exact steps to reproduce the problem. 4. Your permission for us to reproduce the problem using your app.

I removed the condition. Now the icon to download appears, but this makes no sense because now I am not able to filter out certain records from the table. Anyhow, when I try it out I get a strange kind of error message I cannot for the life of me decipher. Something โ€œExceptionMessageโ€:โ€œObject reference not set to an instance of an object.โ€ something somethingโ€ฆ ???

@M_Engel

The error โ€œObject reference not set to an instance of an object โ€ฆโ€ indicates that an internal error exists in AppSheet. You should not see such a message when things are working correctly.

Can you provide: 1. Your account id 2. Your app name 3. The exact steps to reproduce the problem. 4. Your permission for us to reproduce the problem using your app.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh Its workingโ€ฆ Thanks a lot.

Itโ€™s working for me, as well!! Thanks! Donโ€™t know what you did but now, I am getting an export of a selection. What happens when I filter this?? Does the export button still disappear or do I get the possibility to narrow it down even further?

@M_Engel Yes, the button disappears. Pity. Now I have to โ€˜clean upโ€™ afterwards.

@Michael

Column โ€œ_MILESโ€ is not being included in the CSV because โ€œShow_Ifโ€ is โ€œfalseโ€ for that column in the โ€œCIRCUITSโ€ table definition.

There is a question about why this column is shown in the View but not the CSV, but you can circumvent the problem by altering the โ€œShow_Ifโ€.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh โ€œThere is a question about why this column is shown in the View but not the CSVโ€ Is this a confirmed bug? I was under the assumption the show_if applied only to forms unless the option to โ€œApply show-if constraints universallyโ€ was enabled.

@Michael

I need to talk with the client expert to resolve the question about โ€œWhy this column is shown in the View but not the CSVโ€. He was away today.

Thanks @Philip_Garrett_Appsh. In the meantime, I have created a sliced view of this table which includes only the fields I would like shown in the CSV table. From this view, clicking a row triggers an action to take the user to a detail view. This detail view is of a slice that includes fields which are excluded from the CSV. Unfortunately, now there are fields shown in forms that should be hidden. I suppose Iโ€™ll have to create an action to take the user to yet another sliced viewโ€ฆ Lotta workโ€ฆ But, at least I now know what the issue was/is. Thanks again Philip.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh I too am experiencing this issue which I posted about here: plus.google.com - Export View throws exception: I created a slice for which I attempted to expโ€ฆ

1. 285473 2. CSV Test (There are 3 apps with this issue but, this is the simplest to reproduce the error) 3. From the opening view, click the overlayed โ€˜airplaneโ€™ icon. 4. Yes, of course.

The other two apps experiencing this issue are โ€˜StructureInspectionsโ€™ & โ€˜Productionโ€™ Export View throws exception: I created a slice for which I attempted to expโ€ฆ plus.google.com

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh Iโ€™m having similar pains. Running action on a table view(not a slice) via overlay buttonโ€ฆ Tx

@Michael @Gerald_Kariuki

Found the problem. Working on a solution.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh Cheers mate

@Michael @Gerald_Kariuki

Please try it now and let me know the result.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh The table is downloading again however, I still have the issue where computed referenced values are not present in the CSV. More about that here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/101344802969693440415/posts/J2j9Xmefnud

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh

1. 285473 2. Production 3. Menu-> DOWNLOAD_CIRCUITS-> overlaid file download icon

Compare the โ€˜_Milesโ€™ column between the view and the CSV. I have this same issue in other views and apps where Export View action is being usedโ€ฆ 4. Yes, of course. 5. Thank you

i have the same issue, iโ€™ve follow all the steps and not working.
I have have had not problems in other apps with CVS export.

what else would prevent icon to appear?

Top Labels in this Space