Will these formula in my spreadsheet slow down my apps?

Hi,

I have 14 columns and all of their rows are using the formula shown in the picture. May i know if it will slow down my apps in the future? Currently it is working fine, just that i am worried.

Is there any alternative to this formula?
SUMIFs(‘Invoice Details’!$J:$J,‘Invoice Details’!$F:$F,$A2,‘Invoice Details’!$E:$E,H$1)

Basically this formula will sum the value of Column J in Table Invoice Details where (Conditions)

1. the value which was entered in row “n”(means new row being added) of Column F in Table Invoice Details is the same as Cell A2 of this table.
  2. the value which was entered in row “n” of Column E in Table Invoice Details is the same as the header of this column (The first row of this column).
0 4 466
4 REPLIES 4

In generally… when you sync the app your app needs to wait that all sheetformulas are calculated.

Is there any workaround for this?

Is there any formula in appsheet where i can lookup the value of a column and insert some value into a specific column?

I know i can use workflow rule, but i have to create a lot of action button for every column that i want.

You will either need to create an action to modify the columns you want (one action per edit/column), or set the app formula for those columns - which seems like the better option here since it looks like you’re simply calculating totals.

Maybe check out the SUM() docs, might help point you in the right direction

Because you are calculating values from another table, the app formula won’t work because otherwise you would need to open the record so the result would be correct. For dynamic calculation you would need to use virtual columns. Then it could be possible that the sheetformula would be better approach. Do you have relationship between this table and Invoice Details with the Ref field?

Top Labels in this Space